Friday, October 24, 2008

the Ducks and the Bruins

The last two games have been pretty good for the Leafs after the 4-1 loss to the Pens last Saturday night. On Tuesday they lost 3-2 in a shootout to the Ducks--it's looking like shootouts could be the Leafs' downfall, much like last year, as they seem to flounder whenever it goes past the extra frame. Even the very consistent Tomas Kaberle, a shootout given, flubbed his attempt with a backhand wide of the net. Kulemin also missed his wrist shot wide of the net. Teemu Selanne and Corey Perry both buried their shots past poor Curtis Joseph and that was the game--at least the Leafs pulled a point out of it!

Last night the boys showed that they've got more than a little grit and character as they bounced back from being down 2-0 in the first period to the Bruins, scoring four unanswered goals to drive a resounding nail in Boston's coffin (at least for one night!). I am curious to see what happens tomorrow night when the Buds meet the Sens at the ACC. Ottawa trails Toronto in the standings by two points and though it's still early in the season, this is a bit of a surprise to me and others. I am hoping the boys come up big for me because there is no team I enjoy beating more than Ottawa! I also love watching my friend David Perry, a huge Sens fan, when my team beats his. Hey David, my team is doing better than yours right now--I'm enjoying it and will enjoy it as long as it lasts!

No comments: