Saturday, February 02, 2008

strong as a horse...


I am sitting here taking in the Toronto-Ottawa game (winning 2-1 right now) and watching Mats Sundin control the puck while defenceman desperately try to take it from him. The guy is a friggin' horse and I don't envy opposing defences who are trying to take the puck off of him. I just saw him break down the wing and he was really moving--Joe Corvo couldn't stop him and was forced to haul him down, thus another penalty for the Sens. He is really just a fantastic player and if he does leave Toronto this season, I will definitely miss him. He plays like a kid, not a 36 (soon to be 37) year old and is still, along with Tomas Kaberle, the best player on the Leafs.

He is one point away from 1,300 in his career, only the 30th NHL player in history to make it to 1,300--let's hope it happens soon...

1 comment:

Frank and Megan.. said...

He needs to be traded to Vancouver asap lol. We could use anther old guy that would help lead the team.
I am really not sure he will leave the Leafs hmm I guess we will have to wait to see.

Frank