Monday, February 11, 2008

no hope despite the fun of the win

I really enjoyed watching the Leafs beat Detroit on Saturday for Hockey Day in Canada, but don't think that the win got my hopes up or made me think that it signifies a "180" for the team. Granted, they played really well on Saturday and Toskala looked world-class, for the most part. I still think that the playoffs are a pipe dream and that's exactly how I want it to stay. I don't want management thinking about making a push for the playoffs, which, knowing Leafs history, would result in disastrous trades or signings. Even though the Leafs are out of it, I am enjoying watching the NHL playoff race because it is going to be down to the wire, especially in the Western Conference. Nothing much else to say about the Leafs right now. More to come as the trade deadline gets closer...

No comments: