Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who should we draft? Ulmer has the goods...

My favourite Leafs blogger, the venerable Mike Ulmer, believes that he has the inside track on who the Leafs should draft provided that Burke can't trade up to get Tavares or Hedman. I did a bit of digging about this kid and I must admit, Ulmer is right: he looks pretty dang good!

Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson has the look of an future star already and with any luck the Leafs could potentially score him in the draft, depending on whether than can trade up or, if they cannot, what the needs are of the teams ahead of them in the draft order. And he's only 17!! Scouts say he is NHL-ready or pretty close to it already!

2 comments:

DP said...

What abotu Brayden Schenn?

you need to draft someone strong on the puck in the offensive zone and can work wonders with the puck.

Not only that, but imagine the first=pass from Schenn to Schenn, tape to tape, springing Brayden on a breakaway.

Cuz, honestly. If you don't trade up, I think you'll miss svensson=paajarvi. From what I'm reading, he's the best stick handler in the draft.

DP

The Renegade Librarian said...

You may be right on that, DP. I am really quite stoked to see what happens on draft day and I'd love to score this kid, but he may very well be gone unless BBurke trades to get him. However, what would we have to give up? That's the question of the hour...