Sunday, November 16, 2008

flat-out ugly

I have very little to say about last night's loss to the Canucks (a team I like and cheer for when I watch them), but that it was pretty sad. As usual, the Leafs has twice as many shots as their opposition, but last night they couldn't put it away. On my Twitter feed I asked the question "what the heck is wrong with the Leafs?" and my friend Jimmy the K write back "Luongo." Thankfully, to avoid complete embarrassment (and to prevent another Luongo shutout), the boys potted two goals right at the end of the game for a final score of 4-2. I get the hear the jeers of my pastor, a die-hard Canuck fan, which I am not looking forward to, but hopefully this game will recede into memory quickly. Next up the Leafs face division-leading Boston Bruins in Toronto on Monday.

No comments: