Sunday, October 12, 2008

Game #2

All good things must come to an end, it's just too bad that it had to happen so soon. The Leafs took the exact opposite tack from their first game last night as they were drubbed 6-1 by the Habs at the ACC. Everything that the boys did well in Detroit on Thursday was left in the dressing room--they looked bad for most of the game as the defence was too slow, they scrambled, and Toskala was tentative and deep in his net. Yes, they hit a number of posts and had some really bad luck, but they were definitely the crappier team all night. It was one of those games where I was glad I was working so that I didn't have to witness the carnage firsthand on HNIC. I did, however, receive a couple pleasant text messages from friends before I was even finished work at 6:00, making sure to remind me that the "Leafs suck" and that they were "getting their asses kicked." Thanks for that. Let's hope they can bounce back against the Blues on Monday.

No comments: