Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Islanders triumph in shootout

Despite outshooting the Islanders 43-21, including 16-1 in the 3rd period, the Leafs fell to the Islanders in the shootout last night. Kubina and Battaglia (I LOVE this guy) scored for the Buds, who played well, but not well enough to win. I feel bad for the unlucky Leafs, with all their injuries, because they work hard and want to please the fans but somehow manage to get the short end of the stick. Oh well, that's part of being a Leafs fan...

I don’t have much to say about the game against the Isles last night. We salvaged a point, but not putting the Islanders away despite dominating for much of the game allowed them to tie the Leafs in the standings. Last night was a critical game that the Leafs didn’t completely tank, but they didn’t exactly rise to the occasion the way they should have, either. We have fallen to 10th in the East, tied with the Islanders, with 62 points (2 points out of the playoffs right now).

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR THE LEAFS TO WIN AT HOME???? It’s a real struggle for me when I know that the Leafs are playing at home because it normally means a loss, yet take them away from the ACC and they are virtually unstoppable, especially lately. That’s why I am excited to hear that they are in Philadelphia to play the lowly Flyers because if the Flyers came to the ACC, the Buds would probably lose the game. If we can’t be the Flyers, my hopes for the playoffs will be dimmed considerably. I’ll keep you posted on any Leafs news that may occur, including trade rumours.

No comments: